Sunday, August 21, 2011

Congratualtions Airman Lefler

Airman Ian Lazarus Lefler

The Happy Graduate and his Beautiful Wife

It's hard to believe that Air Force Boot Camp for Ian is over. Words cannot express my pride in my son, my daughter-in-law Shayna, and my country. I've been so emotional about various patriotic things... I cried during the National Anthem yesterday at the Pirates baseball game! Even when he told me that he received his ORDERS to go to Mississippi tomorrow to start his training for air traffic control... it's not an assignment... it's not school... it's ORDERS! Wow! For some reason this makes it really final... he is owned by the Air Force for the next six year.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I remember how I felt at noahs graduation. I still cry at patriotic stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reed has been owned now for 7 years, and I feel it every time I want him home for things like, family pictures, Cody's farwell,family vacations, and my father's funeral. Well I did get him for my dad's funeral but not for the other things, and he is only 11/2 away. Don't get me wrong, I am also very proud for the many things he does to protect our country, and I don't even know very many of the things. Reed did say to tell Ian that he would do anything he could to answer or help Ian in any way, If he ever needs his phone number give me a call. It really is good to see your facebook comments and see your blog, you & Doug have a beautiful family and a lot to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete