Sunday, November 4, 2012

Finding My Family

I have spend many hours indexing on the Family Search website. I have found it interesting and rewarding helping people connect to their families by typing data from census, ship manifests, military records (and more) and inputting it into a searchable database. It is an amazing privilege to do this work! Anyone can do it! Just try it!

After helping others find their families, knowing how much searchable information is out there, now... I thought, I should be brave and try to find my ancestors. It will be super challenging, I know. I believe I am the first one in my family trying to connect everyone! But, I also know that I will be blessed on my journey.

I know that the 1940 US Census has been indexed and has become a completely searchable database! I have found both my parents who were age one in 1940 and subsequently, their parents and siblings. I have attached a copy of the census records below.... here. I. go!! I can do this!!
Grandma Cecile, Aunt Doris, Uncle Terry, and my Mom Marilynn at the top of the page

Grandpa Leo Freedman is the Last Entry on this Page


 The Schieber Family beginning line 14, Grandpa Max, Grammie (Helen), Aunt Thelma, and my father, Richard


No comments:

Post a Comment